Key Account Manager-Chain Retail
This position is responsible for driving the sales and day-to-day management and communication within the Chain Retail customers. In addition, the Key Account Manager (KAM) works with the Director and SVP to set revenue budgets, implement corporate sales initiatives and works closely with purchasing, pricing and operations.
- Implements strategies to maintain and grow current customers as well as new customers within the chain retail channel of business.
- Works directly with key corporate customers to implement, retain and drive company sales programs.
- Spends approximately 70% of the time maintaining existing customers and 30% identifying and onboarding new customers.
- Performs Quarterly Business Reviews (QBR’s) at all customers to gain insight, knowledge and best practices.
- Works with internal personnel to identify new business opportunities and to manage current large customers.
- Utilizes Power BI and CRM reporting tools to make fact-based decisions and drive customer insights.
- Actively pursues new growth opportunities within current customers, including but not limited to; products, purchasing and pricing.
- Develops action plans to grow and increase profitability of current account business, leveraging business and performance tools.
- Acts as a liaison between key customers and the operations team; ensuring exceptional customer service and superb customer relationships.
- Responsible for executing pricing strategies and increases within the channel and customers of business.
- Executes and monitors product/pricing tests to identify the potential impact and its effects on the customers.
- Works with customers to help increase sales and profit margins.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Education:
- Minimum 10 years’ experience working within the distribution or packaged goods industry as a Key Regional or Key Account Manager.
- Experience working cross-functionally with distribution, production, finance and the senior leadership team.
- Strong understanding of the retail landscape.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and manage changing priorities.
- A results-oriented individual who thrives working in a fast-paced environment and is able to contend with ambiguity
- Recognized ability to lead and influence others.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, including Power Point, Excel and Outlook