This position ensures that all production equipment, material handling equipment and facilities are in good working order and are repaired immediately after a problem has been reported. This position is responsible for performing preventative maintenance on equipment in the facility, making sure that all maintenance work is logged and forwarded to the supervisor for review. The maintenance technician adheres to SQF standards
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Responsible for food safety and performs all maintenance work within SQF guidelines
- Must comply with all GMP’s when working within the food production area.
- Operates with a high degree of proficiency with little or no supervision.
- Ensures operation of all warehouse and production equipment is safe to operate
- Troubleshoots and conduct root cause analysis of failures regarding defects with equipment.
- Assembles, install, repair, and test equipment.
- Takes ownership on servicing all warehouse, production and sanitation equipment.
- Maintains and services AC units, heating units, hot water heaters and warehouse and office lighting.
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Must track work orders, completion of work, parts and materials used, and time spent on each job.
- Must be willing to travel to other site locations to perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance.
- Record keeping and documentation
- Other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills and Education:
- Must maintain a valid Driver’s License
- Must have at least 2 years of industrial maintenance experience
- Must have the ability to read and interpret service manuals, electrical schematics, and other drawings
- Must be able to read, troubleshoot and re-program logic controls
- Must be able to use all manner of hand and power tools such as drill presses, grinders, milling machines, etc.
- Superior time management and flexibility to start early or stay late
- Technical training is a plus
- High level of attention to detail and precise record keeping