Mechanic I (2nd Shift)
Placing an emphasis on quality of work, this position will be responsible for performing routine preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, diagnostics, and repairs of Dutch Valley’s heavy-duty trucks and trailers; in addition to performing maintenance on Dutch Valley’s fleet of cars and vans.
• Initiate work orders on maintenance system based on driver’s VMR, or preventative maintenance schedule
• Perform routine preventative maintenance on fleet
• Perform all repairs required by the driver’s VMR
• Drive repaired truck if necessary, to verify road readiness.
• Inspect parts for wear, visually & with diagnostic instruments and replace as necessary.
• Perform inspections on Dutch Valley vehicles
• Drive train repair
• Electrical troubleshooting and repair
• Refrigeration maintenance and service
• Perform miscellaneous shop duties in as requested
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Education:
• Class A CDL License preferred
• State inspection license preferred
• Refrigeration experience a plus
• Heavy Duty engine experience preferred
• Demonstrated knowledge of Electrical, Driveline, Brake, Suspension
• Working knowledge of Diesel engines, Air brake systems, Electrical systems, Suspensions, Chassis
• Must have own tools
• Heavy lifting required
• Must be detail-oriented
• Must be self-motivated and have good problem-solving skills
• Must be flexible, willing to work weekends