This Demand Planning position is responsible for all forecasting activities associated with customers and products. The Demand Planner creates and maintains forecast models for their customers, incorporating business intelligence and forecast information gathered from sales, marketing, finance, retailer replenishment analysts, and other sources (i.e.: Nielsen or other syndicated consumer data). The Demand Planner is the integration point into the sales and commercial organization. Basic forecast modeling is the responsibility of this position. This position leads the dialogue each month for respective customers and products with key counterparts in Sales and Marketing.
• Develop demand forecasts (operational forecasts) at multiple levels of aggregation for multiple time horizons as part of a demand planning function.
• Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results.
• Coordinate cross-functional research activities to reconcile significant variances and refine the forecast model to reflect updated sales and marketing assumptions.
• Interact with sales and marketing, to understand demand forecast drivers.
• Utilize a collaborative and consensus approach by working with Sales and Marketing to obtain and ensure that current and accurate information is used for demand forecasts.
• Use and maintain the Demand Planning software as the primary forecasting system tool.
• Provide input to the organization in developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and product phase-outs.
• Closely coordinate and communicate customer plans with buyers and in-house manufacturing schedulers.
• Some travel will be required to connect directly with customers.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Education:
• Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
• Forecasting certification preferred.
• At least 5 years of supply chain experience or business analytics role.
• Experience with JDE ERP System preferred. Experience with other ERP or SAP considered
• Demonstrated proficiency in statistics, forecasting and forecasting methods with an understanding of their financial and operational impacts.
• This position requires strong analytical, organizational, decision making, and presentation skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills are also essential to effectively interact with all teams, areas and levels of business affecting the forecast process.
• Ability to plan, facilitate, prioritize and organize.
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Office – Outlook, Word and Excel
• Demonstrates Leadership.
• Demonstrates a passion for planning and execution.
• Shows initiative/self-motivated.
• Problem solving ability.
• Embraces a continuous improvement mindset.
• High level of comprehension.
• Embraces Dutch Valley’s Mission/Vision/Values