Data Governance Analyst
The Data Governance Analyst develops and implements data management strategies, policies, and processes to ensure system data is accurate, complete, secure, and reliable. Works with departments to assist in resolving data quality problems and is a key driver of process improvement and efficiencies for data management. Provides useful tools and data analysis to drive the business forward by creating solutions for each departmental need.
- Defines data management responsibilities within departments and determines best strategy for data governance.
- Guides data owners within departments in all initiatives and strategies associated with data management.
- Maps all data processes and integrations.
- Develops, maintains, and enforces standard data governance policies for data collection, modification, and maintenance.
- Works with data owners to resolve data issues and improve processes.
- Develops tools for the successful implementation of data strategies and provides training for end users.
- Monitors activity and data quality metrics to improve Accuracy, Consistency, Completeness, Integrity, and Timeliness.
- Oversees the quality of the source data being used for data warehousing and reporting.
- Creates all internal audit procedures and reporting to determine best frequency to maintain data integrity.
- Analyzes, identifies, and resolves data issues while adhering to data governance standards.
- Works closely with the IT to ensure alignment of data rules and the operations of all applications.
- Identifies continuous improvement opportunities and recommends solutions.
- Manages research and innovation projects that generate creative solutions to business needs and technical challenges.
- Works cross-functionally to identify key initiatives and execute solutions to business problems using data analysis and advanced analytics.
- Manages user roles and permissions within JDE, BI Dashboards and reporting.
- Creates ad hoc reporting and data analysis.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Math, Computer Science, Statistics, or related field preferred.
- 3 years of experience in data management, data governance, or equivalent experience preferred.
- 3 years of experience in database analytics and related tools, or equivalent experience preferred
- Basic understanding of manufacturing and/or distribution processes
- Working knowledge of data base concepts (Preferably JDE file structure)
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Strong work ethic supported by strong time management skills
- Ability to manage multiple commitments and responsibilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong operational knowledge of business software
- Ability to communicate effectively within all levels of the organization
- Successful project management experience