You must download this application to your computer and open it with Acrobat Reader to fill in the form fields. If you open the form in your internet browser the entries in the fields will NOT save to the form.
Territory Sales Representative, North Central, PA
- Sell the Dutch Valley family of products to a diverse customer base that includes a mix of Independent Supermarkets, Country Stores and Amish Bulk Food Stores
- Promote a broad range of Bulk Food Products, Delicatessen/Refrigerated/and Frozen items as well as other exclusive manufactured items within assigned territory.
- Conduct sales calls to establish relationships with influential decision-makers for the purpose of uncovering new business opportunities.
- Utilize a Consultative Selling approach designed to forge lasting relationships that result in customer loyalty.
- Optimize in store visits and customer interactions to increase sales and profitability.
- Provide merchandising solutions to customers to improve product turnover and overall profitability.
- Own and understand customer issues to effectively offer solutions.
- Be proactive in initiating and following-up opportunities.
- Gain a thorough understanding of the 5,000+ items stocked by Dutch Valley and translate them into selling strategies that increases market share for the company.
- Attend planned sales meetings several times throughout the year.
- Strong focus on new business development to ensure long-term growth of territory, region and company.
- Partner with Dutch Valley Marketing & Merchandising Team to develop sales and marketing tools in support of business objectives and to deliver the Brand Promise in remarkable and redeeming ways.
- Develop annual, quarterly, and monthly sales & marketing plans to support business objectives.
- Align Dutch Valley resources to effectively service emerging markets (logistics, product development, credit, transportation, warehouse, etc.), to ensure the commercial success for both Dutch Valley and the Customer
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Education:
- The preferred candidate will have at least 5 years of previous grocery, deli, food and/or sales experience.
- Superior time management skills, flexibility and willingness to travel with occasional overnight stays required up to 10% of the time (may increase in the future).
- Strong fact-based data driven selling skills; ability to create, interpret, and present sales information to customers.
- Strong cold calling, listening, written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with CRM software and using MSOffice and Outlook.
- Self-motivated, self-disciplined and a good steward as it relates to company resources.
- Demonstrated ability to manage an assigned sales territory and consistently deliver results.
- Safe driving record
- The ideal candidate would live in the Harrisburg, PA area