Local Driver (Relief)
A Dutch Valley Local Relief driver is a driver that is not designated to a specific local route on a consistent basis. This position requires you to be available to run anywhere five (5) days per week. This position will be expected to handle any overflow routes or fill in for local drivers that are on vacation. When filling in for local drivers, this position is required to maintain the same schedule as the regular driver to maintain customer satisfaction.
· Deliver products to bulk food stores, grocery stores, bakeries, etc.
· Offer high level of customer service to our customers
· Unload product for customer and place it where they request
· Check off products from invoice where necessary
· Maintain a neat and clean tractor and trailer, inside and outside
· Responsible for delivery equipment (pallet jack, 2-wheeler, dock plate and load locks)
· Responsible for collecting cash and check payments for orders delivered
· Responsible for all required paperwork: ex. VIR Books, Trip Reports
· Report any truck problems to the shop
· Start time varies each day, depending on the route
· Write up and bring back any credits the customers may have
· Maintain good employee relations
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Education:
· 21 Years of age or older preferred
· Class A CDL
· Maintain a good driving record
· Have good driving skills
· Must have a good sense of direction
· Good communication skills
· Be able to lift at least 100 lbs.
· Be able to use on-board computer for logs