Key Account Manager- Industrial & Commercial
Reporting to the Director of Sales- Industrial/Commercial Channel, this position is responsible for driving the sales and day-to-day management and communication within the Industrial & Commercial customers in a selected Region. In addition, the Key Account Manager (KAM) works with the SVP to set revenue budgets, implement corporate sales initiatives, and works closely with purchasing, pricing and operations.
- Implements strategies to acquire and maintain accounts within the industrial and commercial channel of business.
- Works directly with key corporate customers and co-packers to implement, retain and drive company sales programs.
- Spends approximately 60% of the time hunting and onboarding new business and 40% maintaining existing customers.
- Works with internal personnel to identify new business opportunities and to manage current large customers.
- Actively pursues new growth opportunities within current customers, including but not limited to; new products, purchasing and pricing.
- Develops action plans to grow and increase profitability of current account business, leveraging business and performance tools.
- Acts as a liaison between key customers and the operations team; ensuring exceptional customer service and superb customer relationships.
- Responsible for executing pricing strategies and increases within the channel and customers of business.
- Executes and monitors product/pricing tests to identify the potential impact and its effects on the customers.
- Works with customers to help increase sales and profit margins.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Education:
- Minimum 10 years’ experience working within the distribution or packaged goods industry as a Key Regional or Key Account Manager.
- Experience working cross-functionally with distribution, production, finance and the senior leadership team.
- Strong understanding of the retail landscape.
- Chocolates background preferred but not required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and manage changing priorities.
- A results-oriented individual who thrives working in a fast-paced environment and is able to contend with ambiguity.
- Recognized ability to lead and influence others.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, including Power Point, Excel and Outlook.