Assist in the everyday functions of the Transportation Department by coordinating the daily activity of Outbound and Inbound freight movements, as well as commercial backhaul opportunities. Communication and teamwork-oriented skills are critical, as the position requires direct interaction with customers, vendors, company drivers, commercial carriers, as well as internal departments of purchasing, customer service, sales & warehousing.
- Directs &controls the pickup & delivery operations
- Schedule and direct the work activity for a group of company drivers
- Identify and resolve delivery and scheduling issues through timely communication with customers, driversand vendors
- Coordinates backhaul opportunities
- Arrange pickup anddelivery appointments as needed
- Maintain driver status andload status on Driver ETA file
- Pallet counts and load verifications
- Maintaindriver’s room paperwork and general appearance
- Perform other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Education:
· High School Diploma with some additonal education preferred
· Related experiences in Transportation a plus
· Strong computer skills with preference towards applications related to Transportation.
· Effective communication skills, verbal and written
· Demonstrated ability to interact with a wide variety of people
· Attention to detail
· Organization and time management skills
· Understanding of geographical positions and mapping
- Problem solving ability.
- Embraces a continuous improvement mindset.