Featuring Dutch Whip® Strawberry Topping Mix. Strawberry Cake is the perfect springtime crowd-pleaser dessert. It’s an easy recipe for moist and fresh strawberry cake with strawberry frosting. If you love strawberries, you are going to want to keep reading. This beautiful cake is packed full of them! It starts simply with a white cake mix, add in a box of strawberry Jell-O, and frozen real strawberries. The frosting is full of strawberries, too. That beautiful pink frosting comes from Strawberry Dutch Whip.
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen strawberries, thawed, undrained
- 1 ¼ cups cold water
- 1 ¼ cups Strawberry Dutch Whip dry mix
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened strawberries, thawed and drained
- Fresh strawberries, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, gelatin, eggs, oil and water; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Stir in strawberries.
- Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool.
- Prepare Dutch Whip. For best results, chill bowl and mixing beaters. Pour water into bowl, add Dutch Whip mix. Mix on low until product is dissolved. Whip on medium high for 3-4 minutes.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, fold Strawberry Dutch Whip topping into strawberries. Spread over cake. Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
- Store in the refrigerator. Garnish with fresh strawberries if desired.
Dutch Whip® Strawberry Topping Mix is available in a 10lb bulk case, item #183112 at www.dutchvalleyfoods.com.