Bacon Fried Rice
Featuring Bulk Foods Inc. Garden Vegetable Yellow Rice Blend, this bacon fried rice is 1000x better than take-out and has crispy bacon, eggs, peas, carrots and rice that combine to make the best fried rice ever! The bacon drippings flavor the Garden Vegetable Yellow Rice Blend perfectly, mixed with the soy sauce, you'll never have take-out again! You are going to adore today’s bacon fried rice.
- 2 cups Garden Blend Yellow Rice
- 1 cup water
- 8 oz bacon, chopped
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrot blend
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2-3 Tbs soy sauce (to taste)
- green onions, chopped for garnish
- In a saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add rice blend. Return to a boil, stir, cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 15-20 minutes. Stir, remove from heat, remove cover and allow to steam for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork and allow to cool slightly.
- Note-traditional fried rice is best if the rice is cold. Hot rice tends to get sticky when making fried rice. That’s why leftover and day old rice work best because they hold their shape and stay separate and don’t clump together, when stir-fried.
- Add your chopped bacon to a medium sized skillet or work. Cook over medium high heat until it is crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain the grease leaving about 1 tablespoon.
- Next, add your chopped onion and frozen peas and carrots and sauté for 1-2 minutes until they are tender.
- Slide your veggies to one side and add the beaten egg to the other side. Scramble the egg until it is cooked through and combine it with the peas and carrots.
- Add cooked Garden Blend Yellow Rice and bacon back to the skillet and stir fry it all together. Add in sesame oil and soy sauce to taste. Let it heat through and garnish with chopped green onions. Simple and Delicious!
Garden Vegetable Yellow Rice Blend is available in a 3/5lb bulk case, item #405800 at www.dutchvalleyfoods.com