Featuring Bulk Food Inc. Mexican Rice combines sundried tomato, green bell pepper, crispy toasted onion, cilantro and chipotle powder for a spicy side dish that compliments any meal! Try adding black beans, corn and chicken for extra flavor and serve with tacos or enchiladas for a truly Mexican meal.
- ½ cup onion, chopped.
- ½ cup carrot, small diced
- 2 Tbs oil
- 2 cups Mexican Rice Blend
- 4 cups water
- In a saucepan, heat oil and sauté onions and carrot until tender.
- Add rice blend and sauté another 2 minutes to coat rice.
- Add water and bring to a boil. Stir, cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 20-30 minutes. Stir, remove from heat, keep covered and allow to steam for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork and serve.
- Add black beans, yellow corn or chicken for a complete meal idea.
Mexican Rice is available in a Bulk Case of 3/5lb Item # 405840 at dutchvalleyfoods.com