Stuffed Pizza Bake
Featuring Bulk Foods, Inc., Pizza Snack Mix. Stuffing isn’t just for Thanksgiving. Surprise your family with Stuffed Pizza Bake – stuffing with a pizza twist! It sounds crazy, but you won’t be disappointed with how delicious and satisfying this hearty stuffing bake really is! Serve it as a side dish or as a main meal.
- 12oz French bread, cut into large cubes
- 3 cups Pizza Snack Mix
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 Tbs butter
- 1-12oz jar prepared tomato sauce
- 2 eggs
- 8oz mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 8oz cooked ground sausage
- 8oz cooked ham, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9x12 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In large bowl, combine and whisk together eggs, chicken broth and tomato sauce.
- Add melted butter, oregano and basil and whisk until smooth.
- Add Pizza Snack Mix and bread cubes and mix to combine.
- Fold half of the cooked sausage, ham and mozzarella cheese into the bread/snack mix mixture.
- Pour half the mixture into it prepared baking dish and press in evenly.
- Top with reserved sausage and cheese.
- Add the remaining stuffing mixture.
- Top with remaining ham and cheese.
- Bake until cooked through and cheese is melted, about 30-40 minutes.
Pizza Snack Mix is available in a 10lb (4/2.5lb) bulk case, Item #552634 at www.dutchvalleyfoods.com