Creamy Bean and Bacon Soup
featuring Market Cupboard® Cheesy Potato with Bacon Flavor Soup Starter. Whenever really cold days roll around, I’m all about soup – and lots of it! This creamy white bean and bacon soup is one of my absolute FAVORITES to make. Market Cupboard® Cheesy Potato with Bacon Flavor Soup Starter is the perfect beginning to making this wonderful soup.
- 1 bag Cheesy Potato with Bacon Flavor Soup Starter
- 5 cups water
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 6 oz bacon crumbles
- 1 Tbs oregano
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbs chopped parsley
- 2- 15 oz cans navy beans, drained and rinsed
- In a large saucepan, combine Soup Starter mix and water, and stir. Carefully bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add diced tomatoes and bacon crumbles and stir to blend.
- Cook another 5-10 minutes to fully cook dehydrated potatoes.
- Add, oregano, pepper and chopped parsley, stir to blend.
- Add milk.
- Add beans and stir, cooking for 5 more minutes or until soup is heated through. Simple and Delicious!
Cheesy Potato with Bacon Flavor Soup Starter is also available in a 15lb bulk case, item #428066 at www.dutchvalleyfoods.com
A thick, rich bowl of soup is undoubtedly one of the most comforting meals possible on a cold, dreary day. The best part is that every bit of it is easily sopped up with thick slices of crusty bread – yum!