Creamy Mushroom, Chicken & Wild Rice
Featuring Market Cupboard® Creamy Mushroom Soup Starter. Creamy Mushroom and Wild Rice Soup is the perfect, hearty dish during the cold winter months. A piping hot bowl of delicious soup warms you up inside and out! And if you’re also looking for something to hearty enough to fill you up and satisfy hungry eaters, then you’re in luck! This Creamy Mushroom, Chicken & Wild Rice Soup will definitely hit the spot! Using Market Cupboard’s Creamy Mushroom Soup Starter as a base, this dish has all the warmth and tastiness you know and love from classic chicken and wild rice soup, with some added flavors and, of course, mushrooms!
- 1 bag Market Cupboard Cream of Mushroom Soup Starter mix
- 6 cups water
- 2 cups whole milk
- dash of salt and pepper
- 1 tsp Curry Powder (102331)
- 1 tsp Garlic & Herb Seasoning (102643)
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 2 cups pre-cooked wild rice blend (Uncle Bens is best for this)
- 8 oz fresh mushrooms, sautéed
- 1 Tbs fresh chives, chopped
- In a large saucepan, combine Soup Starter mix and water, and stir. Carefully bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- While whisking soup, add milk.
- Add salt and pepper, curry powder, garlic & herb seasoning and stir.
- Add chicken and cooked rice allow soup to simmer 10-15 minutes.
- Sauté additional sliced mushrooms in butter until tender.
- Add mushrooms to soup, stir, then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Simple and Delicious!
Cream of Mushroom Soup Starter is also available in a 15lb bulk case, Item #428042 at www.dutchvalleyfoods.com.
You’ll absolutely lose your mind over this super cozy, super delicious, super easy wild rice and mushroom soup! Our recipe elevates basic cream of mushroom soup to a whole new level.