Easy Beef Barley Soup
featuring Market Cupboard® French Onion Soup Starter. This beef barley soup combines beef, vegetables and barley, all simmered together until tender and flavorful - a hearty dinner option that’s easy to make with Market Cupboard® French Onion Soup Starter. Chock full of fiber-rich barley, this recipe is an easy, tasty and nutritious variation on the classic French onion soup.
- 1 bag Market Cupboard French Onion Soup Starter
- 8 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups quick barley
- 1- 14.5 oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 Tbs Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1 1/2 cups frozen sliced carrots
- 10 oz cooked roast beef
- 1 Tbs fresh chopped parsley
- Serving suggestion: serve with hot-from-the-oven buttered biscuits.
- In a large saucepan, combine French Onion Soup Starter mix and water, and stir. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add barley, diced tomatoes, Italian seasoning, paprika, carrots and beef.
- Stir and simmer for 15-20 minutes until barley is plump and tender.
- Ladle into bowls and top with fresh chopped parsley. Simple and Delicious!
French Onion Soup Starter is also available in a 15lb bulk case, item #428056 at www.dutchvalleyfoods.com.
Enjoy this recipe that’s sure to take the chill out of your winter-weary bones! Intensely beefy, with tender chunks of beef, plump pearls of barley, and tender, perfectly cooked vegetables - heartiness and comfort in every ladle.