Gingered Rice & Meatball Soup
Featuring Market Cupboard® French Onion Soup Starter. This super-savory dish draws its inspiration from Taiwanese cuisine. Market Cupboard’s rich French Onion Soup Starter showcases the traditional flavors of slow-simmered beef broth with onions, and we add the convenience of instant rice and frozen, prepared meatballs for a uniquely delicious soup that gets dinner on the table in a snap! In my opinion, soups are one of the greatest inventions of all time – where else can you blend a variety of textures and flavors in a one-pot meal that’s easy to make and easy to customize? Pure genius!
- 1 bag French Onion Soup Starter mix
- 8 cups water
- 1 1/2 Tbs soy sauce
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 Tbs red curry paste
- 1 - 8oz bag frozen diced red and green peppers
- 2 cups instant white rice
- 1 - 16oz bag frozen, prepared meatballs
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- In a large saucepan, combine Soup Starter mix and water, stir. Carefully bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, ground ginger, red curry paste, diced peppers, instant rice, and meatballs.
- Simmer again for 5-10 minutes, or until the rice is tender.
- Stir in spinach and shredded carrots.
- Once the spinach is soft, it is ready to eat! Simple and delicious!
French Onion Soup Starter is also available in a 15lb bulk case, Item #428056 at www.dutchvalleyfoods.com.
You can literally add anything to this soup! Some of my favorites are:
- soup dumplings
Today we are using rice and prepared meatballs, but you can also use leftover steak, ground beef or rotisserie chicken. This soup checks all the boxes with its rich flavors, vegetables, protein and rice. Enjoy!