Hearty Broccoli & Ham Chowder
featuring Market Cupboard® Cream of Broccoli Soup Starter. This soup is wonderfully creamy and hearty, filled with broccoli, ham, and potatoes. It’s hard to believe you can have this familiar meal as a soup on your table in under 30 minutes, but it’s true – you can! It’s easy using Market Cupboard® Cream of Broccoli Soup Starter!
- 1 bag Cream of Broccoli Soup Starter
- 5 cups water
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 Tbs garlic powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrot
- 8 oz diced ham
- 2- 15 oz can diced potatoes, drained
- 1- 12oz bag frozen broccoli florets, heated and chopped
- In a large saucepan, combine Soup Starter mix and water, and stir. Carefully bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add milk and blend until smooth.
- Bring back to a low simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic powder, onion powder, salt, shredded carrot, diced ham, diced potatoes and broccoli florets. Mix to blend.
- Simmer on low for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to avoid scorching the bottom. Simple and Delicious!
Cream of Broccoli Soup Starter is also available in a 15lb bulk case, item #428050 at www.dutchvalleyfoods.com.
Hearty Broccoli and Ham Chowder is a perfect cozy, comforting soup for any time of the year. Adult and kid-friendly, with delicious flavors and creamy texture. Our easy recipe gets dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes – and even fussy eaters won’t be able to resist it!