Italian Style Broccoli Soup
featuring Market Cupboard® Cream of Broccoli Soup Starter Here is an incredibly easy soup recipe to prepare. Cream of Broccoli Soup with Pasta and Italian sausage is quick and delicious. The pasta in the soup absorbs some of the broccoli flavor, giving the soup more body and substance. Nothing like a hot bowl of soup to relax you. If your family loves broccoli they will go nuts for this easy soup recipe. They will love the creamy texture and rich taste. Make this for a meal this week. It’s easy using Market Cupboard® Cream of Broccoli Soup Starter!
- 1 bag Cream of Broccoli Soup Starter
- 6 cups water
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 8 oz. frozen red & green peppers
- 12 oz. cooked Italian sausage, sliced
- 8 oz cooked tortellini pasta
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- optional grated parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, combine Soup Starter mix and water, and stir. Carefully bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Add milk and blend until smooth.
- Add Italian Seasoning, garlic powder, red & green pepper strips and Italian sausage. Mix to blend. Bring back to a low simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add cooked tortellini pasta and shredded cheddar cheese.
- Stir and Simmer on low for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally to avoid scorching the bottom. Simple and Delicious!
Cream of Broccoli Soup Starter is also available in a 15lb bulk case, item #428050 at www.dutchvalleyfoods.com
Top with grated Parmesan cheese and serve with warm crusty bread!