Mexican Chicken Corn Chowder
featuring Market Cupboard® Country Corn Chowder Soup Starter. Mexican Chicken Corn Chowder is loaded with tender chicken, sweet corn, fresh tomatoes, and zesty seasonings simmered in a creamy, cheese blend – and it’s so easy to make! It has just enough of a kick to it and the flavor is incredible. Get ready to try one of the best chowders that you will ever eat!
- 1 bag Country Corn Chowder Soup Starter Mix
- 6 cups water
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 -4oz can diced green chilies
- 1 -14oz can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 -14oz can black beans, drained
- 2 cups cooked rotisserie chicken, chopped or shredded
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: Tabasco sauce for more intense spice kick
- In a large saucepan, combine Soup Starter mix, water and milk, stir and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Carefully bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add cumin, chili powder, green chilies, tomatoes, beans and chicken and cheese. Cook for 5-10 minutes or until the cheese has melted and all ingredients are heated.
- Season with salt, pepper, optional tabasco sauce, and top with favorite toppings. Simple and Delicious!
Country Corn Chowder Soup Starter is also available in a 15lb bulk case, item #428061 at www.dutchvalleyfoods.com.
Don’t forget your toppings!
My favorite part of this recipe is being able to add my favorite toppings. Crumble some cotija on top and add some cilantro, diced avocado, or whatever your heart desires! Our entire family loved this soup and I know that you will too. It’s the perfect soup for a chilly day, and I’m betting you’ll make it again and again! Here are some more topping ideas:
Shredded jalapeño cheese
Squeeze of lime juice
Fresh diced tomatoes