Rich Tomato Bisque
featuring Market Cupboard® Creamy Mushroom Soup Starter. While it sounds and tastes gourmet, this recipe couldn’t get any easier! Market Cupboard® Creamy Mushroom Soup Starter is the perfect base for creating an unforgettable soup your family will beg you to make again. This rich, velvety soup is earthy and elegant. Mushrooms, cream and roasted tomatoes - warm, comforting, and delicious! it's the kind of food that just makes you feel good all over.
- 1 bag Creamy Mushroom Soup Starter
- 5 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 8oz tomato sauce
- 2 Tbs tomato paste
- 1 -14.5oz can fire roasted, diced tomatoes
- 1 Tbs paprika
- 1/2 Tbs onion powder
- 1/2 Tbs sugar
- 1/4 tsp dill
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup cooking Sherry
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- OPTIONAL- 1 lb sliced mushrooms sautéed in butter, croutons, shredded Swiss cheese
- In a large saucepan, combine Soup Starter mix, water and milk. Stir and let stand for 5 minutes
- Carefully bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, tomato paste, fire roasted tomatoes, paprika, onion powder, sugar, dill, pepper, and cooking sherry. Return to a simmer.
- Add optional extra sautéed mushrooms and chopped parsley, simmer 5 minutes.
- If desired, top with more sautéed mushrooms, croutons and shredded swiss cheese. Simple and Delicious!
Creamy of Mushroom Soup Starter is also available in a 15lb bulk case, item #428042 at www.dutchvalleyfoods.com.
If you’re a fan of tomato soup, then of course you are probably picturing this recipe served with a hot grilled cheese sandwich, fresh off the skillet. Go ahead! You can serve this ramped up tomato soup to a delighted and impressed crowd of people with minimal effort and lots of gratitude!