Wilbur Dark Chocolate Chili
Featuring Natural Complete Chili Soup Starter. There are a million and one chili recipes out there, but if you’ve never tried Chocolate Chili, you are in for a rare treat! This is the richest chili I have ever tasted. I used Wilbur® Buds, a premium local brand made in Lititz, PA, for this recipe. The chocolate adds a deep and slightly sweet flavor that counterbalances the heat from the chili powders in the Soup Starter mix. It’s a “must try” and a great way to feed a football crowd!
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 5 cups water
- 2 cups Natural Complete Chili Soup Starter mix (428036)
- ½ cup Semisweet Wilbur® Buds (749222)
- 1 - 15.5 oz can dark red kidney beans
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbs sugar
- In a saucepan, brown meat. Drain and transfer meat back to saucepan.
- Add water and Soup Starter mix. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Continue to cook on medium low heat for 20-30 minutes.
- Add beans, salt, and sugar. Stir until smooth and well blended. Simmer another 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve. Yields 2 quarts. Simple and Delicious!
- Serving suggestion: To really ramp up the flavor, top with sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese!
Note: Natural Complete Chili Soup Starter is available in a 15lb bulk case, Item #428036, at www.dutchvalleyfoods.com.