Summer Couscous Salad
Featuring Bulk Food Inc. Couscous with Chives & Saffron . Couscous with Chives and Saffron may look like rice, but is actually made from coarsely ground semolina pasta. This couscous is a quick cooking pasta seasoned with chives and saffron, making it a delicious side dish or a savory addition to your favorite casserole recipes. This Summer Salad recipe Light, refreshing, and full of garden fresh herbs and vegetables, this veggie couscous salad is a yummy addition to any spring or summer meal. It is simply delicious and is picnic-ready salad.
- 1-1/2 cups Couscous mix (dry)
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup yellow corn
- 1 medium cucumber, halved and sliced
- 1-1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Stove top: Bring water to a boil in a heavy saucepan. Add CousCous mix, stir, cover and remove from heat. Let set for 8-10 minutes. Fluff with a fork Fluff with a fork and set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine the corn, cucumber, tomatoes, cheese, onion and parsley. Add to cucumber mixture. Stir in couscous.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, lemon juice and seasonings. Pour over couscous mixture; toss to coat. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until chilled.
Couscous with Chives & Saffron is available in a Bulk Case of 3/5lb Item #406210 at dutchvalleyfoods.com